Saturday, April 12, 2008

you know you are old when ...

years ago...much longer than i care to dwell on...my two good mates ken and shinz were wild and rockin as we prepared to complete our schooling in year 12. since then...ken has witnessed life, death and in between as a nurse and ambo and shinz has travelled to hidden, dark and dangerous corners of the earth - while i lovingly raised a family in suburbia...

my realisation that i am finally reaching middle age (creaky ankles, fadoobaders on the upper arms and embarrasing laughter from my teenagers as i sing loudly to 99 luft balloons) is forever in front of my face...but i must admit to totally cacking myself when i heard that these two wild best mates from my youth are now back in their home towns, hoeing vegetable gardens with gusto, as they prepare to challenge each other in the "best vegetable" category of the local agricultural show...




love your work fellas! give us a call and we'll organise a reminice sess - complete with too loud acca-dacca and bourbon on ice!

No comments: